Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Clutter My World...with another Marathon!

Hi everyone! Boy, it seems like it has been forever since I've written a blog. I'd like to blame it on my Marathon training but I can't. I actually have to blame it on the fact that we have been SO busy at the store...both taking in furniture and home decor and selling it! October was a great month for sales and November is looking strong so far, so keep the great stuff coming and come on in the store to shop! Only 44 more shopping days until Christmas...did I really say that?

Anyway, I had an exciting Halloween...no, I didn't dress up and go trick or treating...I was actually too tired because that morning I ran the Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, DC with my husband and 3 other friends. This was my second marathon and I have to say, it was as hard, if not harder, than my first, but a bit more enjoyable. This time Ted and I trained, ran, and celebrated with friends. Being that it was the Marine Corps marathon, you can imagine the sense of pride that we all had...both for our country and for the 30,000 runners! It started near the Pentagon and finished at the Iwo Jima Memorial (which, by the way, I totally missed since I just followed the crowd, picked up my medal, and "collapsed" by a fence and laid there for about 30 minutes as I recovered from the earlier 252 minutes! We actually returned to the Memorial a few hours later to take a picture with our medals to prove that we finished there!




It was a tough race but during the 4 hours and 12 minutes that it took me to run it, I had many people inspire me...there were a number of Veterans in wheelchairs and since the wheelchairs only started 15 minutes ahead of us, you can imagine that many were right in the thick of the crowd shortly into the race. Can you imagine wheeling yourself 26.2 miles through Washington, DC? Wow. One of the wheelchair racers that we passed had 4 soldiers running with him...2 of them were carrying his prosthetic legs and 2 in front were leading the way...one of the soldiers in front had lost an arm....they were all an inspiration to Ted and me. Another of the wheelchair racers was a soldier named Eddie Ryan, who, while serving in Iraq, was shot twice in the head and suffered a brain injury. He was paralyzed from the waist down. 3 years after he was injured, he predicted he would not only walk again, but he would run.....let's hope he does someday....he certainly has the determination...you don't do a marathon without some determination! Another runner that we passed was blind...can you imagine how terrifying that would be to run 26.2 miles in the dark. It's hard enough to run in the light...I was in awe!

It was an amazing event and an amazing experience....While you may never run a marathon, I hope that someday, if you haven't already, you experience what it feels like to accomplish a feat that you never thought you would be able to do. It's amazing what you can do if you are determined!

Speaking of being determined, all of us at Clutter are determined to make it the Best Consignment store in Boulder and the surrounding area. From the quality of our consignors and consignments and from the wonderful customers that we have, I think we are well on our way to accomplishing that! Speaking of great consignments...here are just a few...we have plenty more but you have to come in to the store to see them! Enjoy!

SOLD!


SOLD!
SOLD!

HW Home Buffet....SOLD!

Mahogany Hutch...SOLD!

SOLD!
SOLD!

Carved Asian Chair....SOLD!

Adorable Decorator Chair ...$265
SOLD!
SOLD!

SOLD!
SOLD!
SOLD!

Laz-y-Boy Leather Sofa....SOLD!

SOLD!

There's lots more in the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment