Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tea Time

Written on August 13, 2009

I’m writing this as Kimberly, my oldest daughter, is driving through Oklahoma City on our way to New Orleans to take our middle daughter, Kelly, back to Tulane to get her graduate degree.

The day started after spending the night at the Sleep Inn just East of Colby, Kansas….we were going to stop at another hotel, but to be honest with you, at 11:30 at night, with it’s handpainted $39.88 sign, that hotel looked more like the Bates hotel and less like a hotel that I would like to sleep in for the night….can you say “Psycho!” The Sleep Inn was just right…it had only been open for 5 weeks so things were fresh and clean….and it offered a free breakfast! After only 5 hours of sleep, we were up and ready to roll….and Kimberly was bound and determined to find a coffee shop to get an iced chai! “Iced chai?” I said…..darling, we aren’t in Boulder anymore!! I had drive duty so off we went in search of a coffee shop with iced chai, after stopping at McDonald’s so I could get an iced hazelnut coffee ( I had heard they were pretty good and since I don’t really drink coffee, nor do I frequent McDonald’s, I kept my fingers crossed.)

Anyway, with our arsenal of high tech gizmos, I-phone and a Garmin, Kimberly was able to locate a coffee shop in Hays, Kansas, about an hour from Colby. I got off at the right exit and we proceeded to follow the Garmin to 11th street., drove past a bunch of industrial looking buildings and wondered where the heck was this coffee shop. Pretty soon the concrete ended and a brick street began ( follow the yellow brick road)…and it led us right to the heart of Hays….and lo and behold, there was this darling coffee shop called Semolina’s! Believe it or not, they had Chai! Dorothy, it may not be Boulder, but we found chai!

While waiting for Kimberly’s chai and Kelly’s hazelnut hot chocolate, I was looking into purchasing possibilities and discovered Numi Tea. Numi tea has a really interesting tea called Flowering Tea. When you put it in a teapot, clear is best, it actually opens up like a flower and it looks amazing! It's an organic tea, perfect for Colorado, and there are a number of flavors.

The company aspires to be environmentally responsible and globally sustainable by using recyclable and biodegradable packaging....what more can we ask for?!! I don't know where to tell you to buy it in Boulder, but you can check out their website at www.numitea.com.

We have some teapots and teacups in Clutter, and tables to sit at while having your tea, so after you check out Numi Tea...come on in to Clutter and.....Clutter your world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment